World Food Day Exclusive
In recent years, the vegan lifestyle has gained immense popularity, and for all the right reasons. Veganism is not just a dietary choice; it's a commitment to a healthier, more sustainable, and ethically conscious way of living. By choosing to go vegan, individuals opt for a plant-based diet that excludes all animal products, including meat, dairy, and eggs. This lifestyle choice is not only beneficial for the environment but also for personal health. It can lead to lower cholesterol levels, reduced risk of heart disease, and better weight management. To make this transition easier and more delicious, Umanac, a brand dedicated to supporting a healthy lifestyle, offers a range of natural super-foods.
Paving the Way for Veganism with UMANAC
You chose to be a vegan but hey, have you started to feel whether you will be able to sustain the lifestyle? It is usually easier ‘before’ you have adopted veganism. However, if you are well prepared you will most likely be able to sustain it.
To facilitate this transition and ensure that individuals embark on their vegan journey with confidence and ease, Umanac offers a selection of organic and natural super foods. These products are free of adulteration, chemicals, artificial colors, or additives, making them the perfect choice for those looking to embrace a clean and sustainable vegan lifestyle.
In this article, we'll explore how Umanac products can help new vegans’ kick-start their journey with super-food and super-easy recipes that are both nutritious and satisfying.
Here are a few easy yet wholesome recipes with Umanac super-foods. You will be more than pleased to know how they benefit your wellbeing-
Coconut Mango Bliss Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (optional, for added sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
If you wish to, and it’s mango season, you may add 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced too to this recipe.
- Simply blend everything together until a nice creamy consistency is obtained.
- If you like it cold, churn 3-4 Ice cubes with the smoothie.
Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a versatile super-food that can add richness and flavour to your smoothies. It's packed with healthy fats that provide sustained energy and a creamy texture to your beverages. Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is also known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties, which may help boost your body defences as you adapt to a vegan lifestyle.
By choosing Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, you're also contributing to a more sustainable food system and reducing your environmental footprint.
Vegan Moringa Paratha
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Umanac Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt
- 1 tablespoon Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Water (as needed)
- 1 cup grated vegetables of your choice (e.g., spinach, grated carrots, or grated zucchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Umanac Organic Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Prepare a dough from the above ingredients and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a griddle (tawa).
- Make equal size dough balls and start rolling to get the perfect round shape or just any shape of your choice.
- Flip sides and cook the paratha by adding a few drops of Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Serve with any vegan sauce of your choice or enjoy it just as it is!
Umanac Organic Moringa Leaf Powder is an excellent addition to your recipes, offering a boost of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It can help meet your nutritional needs while supporting overall well-being. In general, Moringa is often referred to as the "miracle tree," is a nutrient powerhouse.
Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder provides 84 essential minerals and trace elements. It is hand-mined from the pink rock salt crystals found at the foothills of the Himalayas. It has therapeutic properties that makes it a great switch from the white table salt.
Umanac Organic Cumin Seeds provide a warm, earthy flavour that can complement a variety of vegan recipes. With a variety of nutrients like Iron, magnesium, potassium and multi-vitamins, they are also known for their digestive benefits and may assist in reducing bloating and discomfort.
Fennel Sharbat Pre-mix
This is a simple preparation recipe and doesn’t require you to cook.
- 5 cups Umanac Organic Fennel Seed
- 5 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar (optional)
- Mint leaves powder
- Mix all the above dry ingredients together and store in an air tight container.
- While making the sharbat, take 1 tsp of this pre-mix in a chilled glass of water.
- Add a spoonful of maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice if you didn’t add sugar to the pre-mix before.
- Add soaked Umanac Organic Chia Seeds to this drink if you may wish to!
Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder added in a drink recipe may help in maintaining electrolyte balance and body properly hydrated and balanced. Since we may lose essential minerals as we sweat, especially post exercises or physical exertion, Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder can be of great help.
Umanac Organic Fennel seeds have a unique, slightly sweet flavour and are often used as a digestive aid. Including them in your smoothies can help ease digestion and add a delightful twist to your drink. Additionally, these tiny green seeds are full of minerals like calcium, zinc, manganese, copper, iron, selenium, magnesium, potassium and vitamin c.
Umanac Organic Chia Seeds are a vegan super-food staple, known for their high fibre and omega-3 fatty acid content abundance of antioxidants. When soaked in liquid, they develop a gel-like consistency that can add thickness to your smoothies. These tiny seeds are a great way to boost your daily fibre intake.
Vegan Flaxseed Energy Bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned dry roasted oats
- A pinch of Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder
- ½ tsp Umanac Lakadong Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup roasted and ground Umanac Organic Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruits (e.g., dates, apricots, or raisins)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, or cashews)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for binding
- In a wide bowl, combine all ingredients, except Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, for binding well together until sticky enough to bind.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the mixture for about 15-20 minutes. Chilling will make it easier to handle and shape into bites.
- Grease palms with Umanac Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for binding, take small portions of the mixture and roll them between your hands to form bite-sized balls. You can make the balls as large or small as you like.
- Initially plate them lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Later store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Umanac Organic Flax Seeds are another fantastic source of omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fibre. They may contribute to better health, beauty goals and overall well-being. Grinding flax seeds before adding them to any dish may ensure maximum nutritional benefits.
Umanac Lakadong Turmeric Powder is a high curcumin (bioactive) turmeric, renowned across the globe for its premier, anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to support a healthy body function. Grown in traditional farming manner in Jaintia Hills of Meghalaya, Umanac Lakadong Turmeric Powder, in addition to offering loads of nutrients also adds rich, earthy flavour to any food.
For a Sustained Vegan Lifestyle
As new vegans embark on their journey, it's crucial to have access to high-quality, natural super-foods like those offered by Umanac. These products provide essential nutrients that may be missing in a vegan diet and offer various health benefits.
- Non-toxic- Take up a truly non-toxic way of life by starting to use UMANAC products that are free of any chemicals, pesticides, insecticides or contaminants. Clean food may protect your health on a longer run and proposes longevity.
- Enhanced Nutrition- Many vegan ingredients or plant based products may not readily fulfil your nutritional goals. Umanac brings to you some really great superfoods packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help bridge nutritional gaps and keep you feeling your best.
- Therapeutic- Umanac Lakadong Turmeric Powder is known for its therapeutic properties and so is Umanac Himalayan Pink Rock Salt Powder. The salt can also be used in bathing and attracting positive energies at home. Both the food products are sourced the traditional way, and offer abundant multi minerals and multi vitamins that help to sustain a happy and wholesome daily life.
- Energy levels- Each Umanac product fills you up with the required burst of energy for your daily activities.
Transitioning to a vegan lifestyle can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience, and the wonderful Umanac products supports you in every step of the way. With a wide range of organic and natural superfoods, crafting delicious and nutritious superfood recipes becomes a breeze. These products not only make the transition to veganism easier but also offer numerous health benefits that can contribute to a vibrant and sustained vegan lifestyle. So, new vegans, embrace this exciting journey with Umanac, and savour the delicious flavours and wellness that come with it.